Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thursday morning

Its me again....... Kars is doing ok this morning, he gave us a scare last night Nate was out trying to get some sleep and I was trying to help him cough he laid back down and all kinds of beepers started going off and people came from everywhere his heart rate spiked to 290 and his blood pressure was up and down. In no time the room was full of machines and people scared the wits out of me. He just kind of grunted every once in a while but he had his eyes open and would answer questions by shaking his head. They done a EKG and X ray and disconnected his pacemaker. What they determined was that he had a problem with rhythm in the OR and they had but him on a med for that and a pacemaker and that corrected the problem. He was doing fine with the pacer so yesterday morning they stopped the med for the rhythm problem and I guess he still needed it, as soon as they restarted it he leveled out fast but one good thing from this they didn't need to put him back on the pacer. What started this whole rhythm thing is that during surgery they put a shunt thing up through the center of his heart to his pulmonary arteries and this is rubbing on the electrical part and it just takes time for the heart to get used to this.
The Docs just made rounds and they thought everything looked good and they said that maybe tomorrow he can move to the floor. That would be wonderful its so noisy in the ICU. We was able to get a little sleep after this whole episode so maybe today will be a better day. I think I'm gonna need some nerve meds soon if he does that to me again. I told him that moms hair are turning gray real real fast and he just smiled. I will try to get some up to date pictures on today some time. Keep praying that he would be able to keep some foods down today.

1 comment:

  1. It would be WONDERFUL for all of you if he could move out on the floor tomorrow! hopefully his next door neighbor has went home!:) I am glad to hear that you guys got some rest. I honestly don't know how you have done it so far! Tell Kars that Kaitlyn and Kendrick can't wait till they can come see him! Love Ya!! Karen

    ReplyDelete