Tuesday, November 17, 2009

update

Hey everyone this Karen! I am updating for Lisa. Karsyn got out of surgery about 1:30 pm and Lisa & Nate got to go in and see him around 4:30 pm. The Dr's. said everything went as expected and the accomplished what they set out to do! Prayers have definitely been answered but it is still going to be a long journey. We left the hospital around 5:30 pm and he was kind of starting to struggle, moving his arms and legs and gagging on the breathing tube!:( They had gave him more pain med right before we left and I think he kind of settled down again. Nate texted on our way home and said that Lisa asked if he still loved them and he responded by nodding his head! (This morning he begged them not to make go to surgery!;( that just breaks my heart, I can't imagine how Nate & Lisa must have felt!;() Lisa just texted about a half hour ago and said that they have the vent shut off right now and he is breathing on his own but they want to let the breathing tube in for at least another hour to see how he does. She said he has been struggling and gagging trying to get the tube out!;( As I am typing, Lis just texted and said they removed the breathing tube and he is much more happy! His SAT'S are at 95 without any help from the machines, before surgery they ran in the mid 80's! PRAISE THE LORD!!!:) God is still answering prayers!! Please continue to pray! I know tonight and the next couple of days are still going to be very long and tense for Nate & Lisa! They amaze me with their strength, I don't know if I could have went through all that have been through and have stayed as strong as they have! Karsyn is also a little fighter. He is amazingly brave and doesn't give up!! He has a special place in my heart! Thanks for all the prayers and please continue to keep praying that Karsyn's little body would continue to heal! God is faithful!!:) OK, I hope you have been able to make sense of my ramblings!!:) Lisa will update when she has time, I know that she has pics that she wants to post! God Bless!
KAREN

No comments:

Post a Comment